Hello friend, have you ever thought that you can make phone calls over the WiFi network that is easily available at your home or office. That true, now there are some smartphone manufacturers who are pushing the Wi-Fi calling feature into there phones. As of now in India, handsets like Xiaomi Mi A1, Samsung S9, and few more smartphones support the Wi-Fi calling feature.
What Is Wi-Fi Calling?
Wi-Fi calling available on your smartphone is a feature that allows the users to make voice calls & video calls over the connected Wi-Fi network. It’s not a new tech, as we have already seen the same technology being used by some apps like Skype, WhatsApp and more.
Caution – The charges/rates for calling may vary depending on your network operator. So make sure to check the rates for calls over Wi-Fi with your operator before activating the feature on your smartphone.
How To Activate Wi-Fi Calling On Xiaomi Mi A1
- Firstly go to settings of your phone.
- Tap on the 3 dots located on the upper right corner.
- Select setting.
- Now click on the calling account located at the 4th option.
- Select your sim card (not required in case of a single SIM).
- Tap on Wi-Fi Calling option.
- Turn it ON.
- That’s it, you have successfully activated the Wi-Fi calling on your Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone. You can follow the same steps to turn on the feature on other smartphones like Samsung, Moto & more.
List of WiFi Calling Feature Supported Devices in India
Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot Alternatives That Helps You Save Battery Drain