Today is the 47th day of the Athi Varadar darshan. It is also the final day of the Athi Varadar festival and the crowd of devotees is on its peak. The devotees from across India are visiting the Varadaraja Perumal temple, Kanchipuram to get darshan of lord Athi Varadar. Here at GadgetGrasp, we are regularly updating the Athi Varadar Crowd Status, Waiting Time and live news updates for darshan.
Read the latest updates and todays Athi Varadar Crowd status, waiting time and live status here
Athi Varadar Crowd Status, Waiting Time For Today
Athi Varadar Day 47 – Today on 16 August 2019 (Friday), it is expected that the crowd will be very high as today is the last day of the Athi Varadar darshan. It is also expected that about 1.5 lakh devotees will visit the Varadaraja Perumal temple, Kanchipuram for the darshan of lord Athi Varadar. Here is the expected waiting time for darshan and the crowd status at Athi Varadar for today.
Early Morning Free Darshan – 6 to 8 hours
Dharma Darshan / Free Darshan – 6 hours to 8 hours
Rs 300 Special Darshan – 3.5 to 4 hours, West Gopuram Gate
Rs 500 Special Darshan – 3 hour wait time approx, West Gopuram Gate
Senior Citizen Queue – 5 hours approx wait time, East Gopuram Gate
Parents with Infants Queue – 4 hours approx wait time, East Gopuram Gate
Athi Varadar Todays News – Live Updates
- Today on 17th Aug 2019, the idol will be sent back to its vault inside the Ananthasaras tank.
- Yesterday (16th Aug) was last days for Athi Varadar darshan to end.
- We expect about 1.5 lakh+ devotees for the Athi Varadar darshan today.
- Chief Minister of Telangana Mr. K Chandrasekhar Rao along with his wife Shobha & daughter Kavitha offered prayers at Athi Varadar temple in Kanchi today.
- Day 43 of Athi Varadar darshan today – The Lord looked resplendent in yellow silk robes, lined by a shining green zari border.
- The collector slammed the officer for letting random people into the VIP queue.
- No modern technology or machinery used to clean Athi Varadar’s abode.
- There will be no darshan of Athi Varadar at Sri Devarajaswami temple on 17th August.
- On 17th Aug 2019, the idol will be sent back to its vault inside the Ananthasaras tank.
- Darshan timings have been extended by 3 hours.
- On day 40 of the darshan i.e. 9th August Athi Varadar found in pink robes at Kanchi.
- 9 devotees waiting in queue for lord Athi Varadar darshan suffer an electric shock.
- The temple doors will now close at 2 am instead of 11 PM.
- No VIP and VVIP Darshan on 16th & 17th August 2019.
- Three (3) additional waiting halls have been provided along the general darshan queue.
- For the VIPs and devotees with doner pass, a new ramp would be provided at the exit point at West gopuram.
- Idol would be placed in the Ananthasaras tank on 17 August 2019.
- Collector P. Ponniah said devotees should be prepared to wait for upto 2 days for the darshan.
- 3 more waiting halls have been provided along with the general darshan queue.
- On 7th August, Lord Athi Varadar was seen in magenta, yellow robes, and cardamom garland along with strings of different kinds of flowers.
We hope your visit to the Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu shall be a memorable one and the Lord Athi Varadar blessings. This post about Athi Varadar Crowd Status, Athi Varadar Waiting Time and Athi Varadar News today to make your visit a seamless one.